Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Here come the brides!

Are these the same people as in the other photos? Not sure. Is this St. Mary's in Williams, IA.?
**Update**
I have now determined that this is St. Mary's Catholic Church in William, IA. I know now that 2 of the brides are sisters:
Irene Mary Thielen, b.1915 and Helen Rose Thielen, b.1918. Irene married Clarence Holdgrafer and Helen Rose married Arthur Uthe. I don't know who the other people are.
Irene and Helen's parents are Peter A. Thielen and Barbara Anna Maria Schlader. Peter was widowed by this time because Barbara passed away in 1934, I don't know from what, as she wasn't that old.Pete and Barbara had 2 more daughters who grew to adulthood, Christina and Eva, plus 5 sons. Something I don't think I have come across in this large of a family is that the 5 girls were born first and the 5 sons were born last.  Their father Peter A. passed away in 1946 in Williams, IA. when the youngest was 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment