Saturday, October 15, 2011

My first post on my new blog.

Schlader's and Sadler's and Thielen's and more is my husband Larry's side of the family. I guess my main reason for starting this blog is because he has pictures that belonged to his mom and dad. Some aren't marked, so we are hoping somehow to connect with some long lost kinfolk to see if we can get some of these named.
Schlader's, Sadler's and Thielen's came over from Germany, as far as I can tell in the mid 1800's. Sometime in the 1860's I think. I have found some info on census records, but they cannot be taken as totally accurate. Still an extremely valuable resource. Plus, there were so many ships bringing immigrants from so many different countries it is hard to find them. Maybe the ships passenger lists haven't been done yet. Anyway, I am going to give it a try at posting some pictures here and maybe a few interested people who see a connection will let me know.  Some are named and some are not. If you have even a little genealogy bone in your body you should enjoy them. Hopefully, if someone does hook up on here and have old photos of family they will be willing to share.
Well here we go! :)
Renie (Norene Luchau Schlader)

No comments:

Post a Comment