Tuesday, October 18, 2011

L-R: Father Hayes, a pastor in Duncombe, Iowa for many years, Nicholas Nilles (father of the bride), Kenneth Fetrow (groom), Barbara "Bobbe" Nilles Fetrow (bride),  Lizzie Thielen Nilles (mother of the bride) and Kate Fetrow (mother of the groom). If I understand correctly, the picture was taken in the front yard at Nick and Lizzie's farm that was between Duncombe and Webster City, IA.. Barbara and Kenneth were married in 1934. Information on names of people sent to me by Marge Frakes Smith, Jan. 2013.


The bride, Barbara Nilles Fetrow and Father Edward J. Hays.This information was given to me by unknown person, Jan. 2013. I'm not sure if the Father's name is Hayes or Hays.

3 comments:

  1. According to my mother, top photo L-R, Fr. Edward J. Hays (St. Joseph's, Duncombe, IA),Nicholas Nilles, Kenneth Fetrow, Barbara Gertrude (Nilles) Fetrow, Elizabeth Nilles, and the bride's sister, Kathleen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for replying. I can't place who your mom is. As you can see there is a difference in the spelling of the priest. And Marge Smith told me the lady at the far right in the top picture is Kate Fetrow, the grooms mother. I personally didn't know any of them, so I am not able to identify. Marge was at the wedding. If you mom knows any others she would like to identify too, that would be wonderful! Thanks again. Renie

      Delete
  2. Bottom photo L-R, Kenneth Fetrow, Barbara G. (Nilles) Fetrow, Fr. Edward J. Hays.

    ReplyDelete